[Hpr] CQ CQ CQ de KT4KB - Let's do a podcast Via Amatuer Radio
kt4kb at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 9 16:34:44 PST 2013
Wow, what a great email!
Your suggestions and requests are well taken. You have given me a few more podcasts to work on.
From: Klaatu <klaatu at straightedgelinux.com>
To: hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
Sent: Wednesday, January 9, 2013 6:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Hpr] CQ CQ CQ de KT4KB - Let's do a podcast Via Amatuer Radio
I think that's a great idea!
I'm not a HAM. I have no clue about radio. I would love, love to hear more.
May I make a suggestion/request? Take baby steps! You as HAM radio operators know a lot about radio that noobs like many of us in the audience do not understand and can barely comprehend. I've listened to lots of HAM-related stuff (podcasts, friends talking, etc) and have yet to truly understand how to get started down the HAM path. For example:
- do I have to have a license before even dipping my toe into this?
- how do i listen?
- how do i broadcast?
- what gear do i need?
- where do i find the gear that i need?
- once i am licensed, what's the first thing i should do?
- how do i get HAM going on Linux?
- what do i need to install? do i need to recompile my kernel with the HAM support built in?
- what applications will i need and how do they relate to the components discussed in episode one?
- are there any hardware requirements for this or is it all in software?
- once i get the software up and running, what's my first step? do i go to a chat room radio channel or just ping someone I know and talk? or what?
Just some ideas!
On Wednesday, January 09, 2013 02:56:23 PM Jon Lambdin wrote:
Calling HPR Ham radio operators. During the 24 hou New Years Eve show Ken Fallon again brought up his request of a show recorded via Amatuer Radio. I got to thinking about that, and thought oh what the hell, I'll give it a try. This email is an attempt to enlist any fellow Amatuers to help get this done. I am looking for ideas and a QSO partner(s). I am active on HF, and echolink, but not on D-STAR (yet). Please drop me a line if you'd like to help either on-air or with ideas.
kt4kb at yahoo.com
kt4kb.jon at gmail.com
p.s. Are You f'n Happy Ken? :-) he he he!
Hpr mailing list
Hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Hpr