[Hpr] CQ CQ CQ de KT4KB - Let's do a podcast Via Amatuer Radio

Stephen Kellat smkellat at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 9 17:50:38 PST 2013

Howdy Jon.  I know that the Houston AMSAT folks distribute the aircheck
of their net via podcast (see http://www.amsatnet.com/) so using the net
paradigm would work.  I only have code-free Technician class privileges
so I'm still restricted to 6 meters and down so I wouldn't be able to
participate on my own directly in an HF net.  Then again, I haven't
participated in our local ragchew net in a while myself since I haven't
had a working transceiver for 2 meters for far too long.

As for an introduction to Amateur Radio, the American Radio Relay
League's got quite a lot out there so I'd suggest referring back to
their works as well as those created by others.  That ground has been
covered so much I would not worry about reinventing the wheel.  There
are plenty of hacker aspects to the hobby without even having to touch
upon computers.

73s de KC8BFI

Stephen Michael Kellat

P.S. This will help provide Klaatu and others with background from the
US context: http://www.arrl.org/new-to-ham-radio
P.P.S This will help Becky Newborough and others in the UK:
http://www.rsgb.org/newcomers/