[Hpr] Conference time: NELF

epicanis+hpr at dogphilosophy.net epicanis+hpr at dogphilosophy.net
Fri Jan 18 11:54:22 PST 2013

> Conference season is aproaching, and I'd like to start planning for the one
> that I'll be attending, The Northeast Gnu/Linux Fest March 16 & 17.
> [...]
> Would anyone like to be part of the HPR team at NELF (or any other
> conference for that matter) this year? If so, what's your t-shirt size,
> favorite color, and do you like a pocket t, or a plain front? There are no
> requirements, or expectations, but people will almost definitely ask you
> what HPR is when they see all the shirts with HPR logos on them. I'll be
> taking care of the shirts for NELF, so don't worry about that. I'll hand
> them out there.

I can't yet outright promise, but this year I'll actually be staying somewhere
that's only about 2 hours away and I am planning to try to attend. (Very likely,
but not certain yet). Assuming I can make it, I'll happily be an HPRite, if only
so I can hang out with the cool kids.

In answer to the other questions in case it becomes relevant: either XFat or
XXFat (I fit fine into XL, but often get XXL just because). I tend to lean Royal Purple
or Blue for shirt color, and I like pocketses.

> It looks like the talks at NELF wrap up around 2PM. I know a great Mexican
> place about a block away from the venue, and was planning on grabbing lunch
> there at some point. Sadly it is not within my means to offer to buy lunch
> for everyone (well, I could offer, but I couldn't deliver), but I hope we
> can make a time of it. The Restaurant is The Border Cafe on 32 Church
> Street in Cambridge MA. I called them and verified that they have a
> vegetarian menu also. If enough of want to go together, I'll make
> reservations for 3:00 or 3:30, so we don't have to wait out in the cold.

This sounds great to me, assuming I can make it - I'm in if I'm there!