[Hpr] Hpr Digest, Vol 52, Issue 13

Patrick Dailey pdailey03 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 05:30:12 PST 2013


I like the SFW flag idea better. That way we have a fail safe default of
NSFW. Is their a metadata tag that we're not using that could be used for
this? If so, can the processing script be made to preserve that tag if
"SFW" is found, and write "NSFW" to it if not?

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 2:56 AM, <hpr-request at hackerpublicradio.org> wrote:

> Send Hpr mailing list submissions to
>         hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>
> http://hackerpublicradio.org/mailman/listinfo/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org
>
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>         hpr-request at hackerpublicradio.org
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>         hpr-owner at hackerpublicradio.org
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Hpr digest..."
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re: Hpr Digest, Vol 52, Issue 12 (Fifty OneFifty)
>    2. Re: Hpr Digest, Vol 52, Issue 12 (lostnbronx)
>    3. Re: TGTM (dg)
>    4. Re: you're all being re-broadcast (StankDawg)
>    5. Re: you're all being re-broadcast (Stephen Ward)
>    6. Re: you're all being re-broadcast (Delwin)
>
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Fifty OneFifty <fiftyonefifty at linuxbasement.com>
> To: "hpr at hackerpublicradio.org" <hpr at hackerpublicradio.org>
> Cc:
> Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 14:27:53 -0600
> Subject: Re: [Hpr] Hpr Digest, Vol 52, Issue 12
> dosman;  I don't see why NSFW episodes couldn't be label as such in the
> show notes (just don't broadcast the /dev/randoms, or they will run you out
> of town).  Ken, the ReadMe would have to be edited to let new hosts know as
> well.
>
> 5150
>
>
> On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 2:00 PM, <hpr-request at hackerpublicradio.org>wrote:
>
>> Send Hpr mailing list submissions to
>>         hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
>>
>> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>>
>> http://hackerpublicradio.org/mailman/listinfo/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org
>>
>> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>>         hpr-request at hackerpublicradio.org
>>
>> You can reach the person managing the list at
>>         hpr-owner at hackerpublicradio.org
>>
>>
>> Message: 5
>> Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 14:05:37 -0500
>> From: dosman <dosman at packetsniffers.org>
>> To: klaatu at straightedgelinux.com
>> Cc: hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
>> Subject: Re: [Hpr] you're all being re-broadcast
>> Message-ID: <A46D6180-81E9-4F63-A28A-693C076E7712 at packetsniffers.org>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
>>
>> Greetings,
>> I run a part15 radio station at my house (although it's down at the
>> moment) and have the possibility of running one from our hackerspace
>> sometime in the future. I've always wanted to put HPR on the air but one
>> small detail is language. I fully support full and creative use of language
>> on HPR, especially since there's no regulation it has to pander to. And
>> technically part15 radio is not subject to FCC language controls as it's
>> not really considered broadcasting. However, being a community member means
>> trying to make my part15 station family friendly, and hence I can't just
>> automatically put HPR and other shows which may have "F bombs" and other
>> language on the air.
>>
>> What I'm floating is the possibility of some type of rating system for
>> episodes, even if it was just machine readable in the RSS or something.
>> Sadly I only get to catch the occasional episode any more, and I just don't
>> have time to pre-screen all of the content. This would enable folks like me
>> to automatically put "G" rated shows into our rotation and be able to skip
>> shows with language or topic not family friendly. It doesn't have to be
>> perfect, but it would make rebroadcasting it easier for folks like me.
>>
>> Thanks for your consideration,
>> -dosman
>>
>>
>> On Jan 27, 2013, at 12:26 PM, Klaatu wrote:
>>
>> > The place that I work has started an internet radio station. During the
>> > workdays at around 12 noon or 1300 or so, I have been re-broadcasting
>> one or
>> > two HPR shows per day. Just thought I'd let everyone know.
>> >
>> > So far I have no methodology behind which show airs, etc, and I'm being
>> a
>> > little more picky that I would normally be in real life, because I know
>> that
>> > currently the audience is filmmakers and artists and some of the shows
>> from
>> > HPR would just sound like gibberish to them.
>> >
>> > If you ever want to tune in for a (re)listen, the address is
>> > http://radio.pittsburgharts.org:8000
>> >
>> > Thanks for the great content, everyone. It is now being appreciated by
>> a wider
>> > audience :^)
>> >
>> > - klaatu
>> >
>> > _______________________________________________
>> > Hpr mailing list
>> > Hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
>> > http://hackerpublicradio.org/mailman/listinfo/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Subject: Digest Footer
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Hpr mailing list
>> Hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
>> http://hackerpublicradio.org/mailman/listinfo/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> End of Hpr Digest, Vol 52, Issue 12
>> ***********************************
>>
>
>
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: lostnbronx <lostnbronx at gmail.com>
> To: hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
> Cc:
> Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 14:24:43 -0700
> Subject: Re: [Hpr] Hpr Digest, Vol 52, Issue 12
> I think dosman's idea is a good one.  This would be more information
> to work with.  Maybe it could be something that was totally voluntary,
> with the default being some sort of Mature Content rating (erring on
> the side of caution).  It would be up to the individual contributor to
> rate their stuff.
>
> > What I'm floating is the possibility of some type of rating system for
> > episodes, even if it was just machine readable in the RSS or something.
> > Sadly I only get to catch the occasional episode any more, and I just
> don't
> > have time to pre-screen all of the content. This would enable folks like
> me
> > to automatically put "G" rated shows into our rotation and be able to
> skip
> > shows with language or topic not family friendly. It doesn't have to be
> > perfect, but it would make rebroadcasting it easier for folks like me.
> >
> > Thanks for your consideration,
> > -dosman
>
>
>
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: dg <dg at deepgeek.us>
> To: hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
> Cc:
> Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 17:35:32 -0500
> Subject: Re: [Hpr] TGTM
> Fame and Glory, Klaatu, you dry sense of humor heralds your coming
> into the thread.
>
> Yes, it is not "me alone," so attribution should be changed!
> ---
> Scotty
> [really, just a guy who would rather slog through a huge amount of rss
> feeds rather than edit audio...]
>
> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 12:22:45 -0500
> Klaatu <klaatu at straightedgelinux.com> wrote:
>
> > Sounds reasonable to me. You might want to run it by Deepgeek as
> > well. He may want all the fame and glory for himself regardless of
> > its impact upon how frequently his show gets aired.
> >
> > -klaatu
> >
> > On Sunday, January 27, 2013 06:17:50 PM Ken Fallon wrote:
> > > It struck me today that attributing the TGTM news shows to DeepGeek
> > > alone will adversely affect how long he has to wait to get his
> > > regular hpr shows published. With the oncoming rule of scheduling
> > > shows based on the longest time since the last show will mean that
> > > his shows never will get posted.
> > >
> > > Now that the community have started contributing to the production
> > > if not the content, I would like to suggest we assign the shows to
> > > the TGTM News Team rather than DeepGeek himself. That way, he and
> > > fellow contributors can have their regular HPR shows scheduled
> > > fairly.
> > >
> > > #whatdoyouthink?
> > >
> > > Ken - HPR's biological bash script
> > >
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > Hpr mailing list
> > > Hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
> > >
> http://hackerpublicradio.org/mailman/listinfo/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org
> > - klaatu
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Hpr mailing list
> > Hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
> > http://hackerpublicradio.org/mailman/listinfo/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org
>
>
>
>
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: StankDawg <stankdawg at stankdawg.com>
> To: dosman <dosman at packetsniffers.org>
> Cc: "hpr at hackerpublicradio.org" <hpr at hackerpublicradio.org>
> Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 22:49:53 -0500
> Subject: Re: [Hpr] you're all being re-broadcast
> I think this is a brilliant idea!! We just need to make it easy when
> people upload their shows to simply check a NSFW flag so that others can
> filter them out if they choose.
>
> Sent from my iPhone but don't judge me. I use it because it is convenient
> and useful not because it is some hipster accessory.
>
> On Jan 27, 2013, at 2:05 PM, dosman <dosman at packetsniffers.org> wrote:
>
> > Greetings,
> > I run a part15 radio station at my house (although it's down at the
> moment) and have the possibility of running one from our hackerspace
> sometime in the future. I've always wanted to put HPR on the air but one
> small detail is language. I fully support full and creative use of language
> on HPR, especially since there's no regulation it has to pander to. And
> technically part15 radio is not subject to FCC language controls as it's
> not really considered broadcasting. However, being a community member means
> trying to make my part15 station family friendly, and hence I can't just
> automatically put HPR and other shows which may have "F bombs" and other
> language on the air.
> >
> > What I'm floating is the possibility of some type of rating system for
> episodes, even if it was just machine readable in the RSS or something.
> Sadly I only get to catch the occasional episode any more, and I just don't
> have time to pre-screen all of the content. This would enable folks like me
> to automatically put "G" rated shows into our rotation and be able to skip
> shows with language or topic not family friendly. It doesn't have to be
> perfect, but it would make rebroadcasting it easier for folks like me.
> >
> > Thanks for your consideration,
> > -dosman
> >
> >
> > On Jan 27, 2013, at 12:26 PM, Klaatu wrote:
> >
> >> The place that I work has started an internet radio station. During the
> >> workdays at around 12 noon or 1300 or so, I have been re-broadcasting
> one or
> >> two HPR shows per day. Just thought I'd let everyone know.
> >>
> >> So far I have no methodology behind which show airs, etc, and I'm being
> a
> >> little more picky that I would normally be in real life, because I know
> that
> >> currently the audience is filmmakers and artists and some of the shows
> from
> >> HPR would just sound like gibberish to them.
> >>
> >> If you ever want to tune in for a (re)listen, the address is
> >> http://radio.pittsburgharts.org:8000
> >>
> >> Thanks for the great content, everyone. It is now being appreciated by
> a wider
> >> audience :^)
> >>
> >> - klaatu
> >>
> >> _______________________________________________
> >> Hpr mailing list
> >> Hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
> >> http://hackerpublicradio.org/mailman/listinfo/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Hpr mailing list
> > Hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
> > http://hackerpublicradio.org/mailman/listinfo/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org
>
>
>
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Stephen Ward <aukondk at aukondk.com>
> To: klaatu at straightedgelinux.com
> Cc: "hpr at hackerpublicradio.org" <hpr at hackerpublicradio.org>
> Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 08:41:13 +0100
> Subject: Re: [Hpr] you're all being re-broadcast
> That's cool Klaatu,
> What are you using on the backend?
> I'm glad you enjoyed my Airtime episode. I'm about to switch my Airtime
> setup into production taking over from an older Liquidsoap script and I'll
> be writing up some of my hacks for my next episode.
>
> Steve AKA AukonDK
> aukondk at aukondk.com
>
>
> On 27 January 2013 18:26, Klaatu <klaatu at straightedgelinux.com> wrote:
>
>> The place that I work has started an internet radio station. During the
>> workdays at around 12 noon or 1300 or so, I have been re-broadcasting one
>> or
>> two HPR shows per day. Just thought I'd let everyone know.
>>
>> So far I have no methodology behind which show airs, etc, and I'm being a
>> little more picky that I would normally be in real life, because I know
>> that
>> currently the audience is filmmakers and artists and some of the shows
>> from
>> HPR would just sound like gibberish to them.
>>
>> If you ever want to tune in for a (re)listen, the address is
>> http://radio.pittsburgharts.org:8000
>>
>> Thanks for the great content, everyone. It is now being appreciated by a
>> wider
>> audience :^)
>>
>> - klaatu
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Hpr mailing list
>> Hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
>> http://hackerpublicradio.org/mailman/listinfo/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Stephen Ward
> Admin - aukondk.com
>
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Delwin <delwin at skyehaven.net>
> To: hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
> Cc:
> Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 02:56:16 -0500
> Subject: Re: [Hpr] you're all being re-broadcast
> I think a SFW flag would ultimately work better. That'd make it easy to
> set up an RSS feed for it for those people who want to rebroadcast in
> some fashion or who would just prefer it for whatever reason. I also
> imagine that I'd rather trust people who are flagging it SFW on their
> own rather than trusting that someone failed to flag it NSFW.
>
> -delwin
>
>
> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 22:49:53 -0500
> StankDawg <stankdawg at stankdawg.com> wrote:
>
> > I think this is a brilliant idea!! We just need to make it easy when
> > people upload their shows to simply check a NSFW flag so that others
> > can filter them out if they choose.
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone but don't judge me. I use it because it is
> > convenient and useful not because it is some hipster accessory.
> >
> > On Jan 27, 2013, at 2:05 PM, dosman <dosman at packetsniffers.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Greetings,
> > > I run a part15 radio station at my house (although it's down at the
> > > moment) and have the possibility of running one from our
> > > hackerspace sometime in the future. I've always wanted to put HPR
> > > on the air but one small detail is language. I fully support full
> > > and creative use of language on HPR, especially since there's no
> > > regulation it has to pander to. And technically part15 radio is not
> > > subject to FCC language controls as it's not really considered
> > > broadcasting. However, being a community member means trying to
> > > make my part15 station family friendly, and hence I can't just
> > > automatically put HPR and other shows which may have "F bombs" and
> > > other language on the air.
> > >
> > > What I'm floating is the possibility of some type of rating system
> > > for episodes, even if it was just machine readable in the RSS or
> > > something. Sadly I only get to catch the occasional episode any
> > > more, and I just don't have time to pre-screen all of the content.
> > > This would enable folks like me to automatically put "G" rated
> > > shows into our rotation and be able to skip shows with language or
> > > topic not family friendly. It doesn't have to be perfect, but it
> > > would make rebroadcasting it easier for folks like me.
> > >
> > > Thanks for your consideration,
> > > -dosman
> > >
> > >
> > > On Jan 27, 2013, at 12:26 PM, Klaatu wrote:
> > >
> > >> The place that I work has started an internet radio station.
> > >> During the workdays at around 12 noon or 1300 or so, I have been
> > >> re-broadcasting one or two HPR shows per day. Just thought I'd let
> > >> everyone know.
> > >>
> > >> So far I have no methodology behind which show airs, etc, and I'm
> > >> being a little more picky that I would normally be in real life,
> > >> because I know that currently the audience is filmmakers and
> > >> artists and some of the shows from HPR would just sound like
> > >> gibberish to them.
> > >>
> > >> If you ever want to tune in for a (re)listen, the address is
> > >> http://radio.pittsburgharts.org:8000
> > >>
> > >> Thanks for the great content, everyone. It is now being
> > >> appreciated by a wider audience :^)
> > >>
> > >> - klaatu
> > >>
> > >> _______________________________________________
> > >> Hpr mailing list
> > >> Hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
> > >>
> http://hackerpublicradio.org/mailman/listinfo/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org
> > >
> > >
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > Hpr mailing list
> > > Hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
> > >
> http://hackerpublicradio.org/mailman/listinfo/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Hpr mailing list
> > Hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
> > http://hackerpublicradio.org/mailman/listinfo/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Hpr mailing list
> Hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
> http://hackerpublicradio.org/mailman/listinfo/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org
>
>


-- 
Thank You,
Patrick Dailey
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://hackerpublicradio.org/pipermail/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org/attachments/20130128/9721014b/attachment-0006.html>


More information about the Hpr mailing list