[Hpr] you're all being re-broadcast

Ken Fallon ken.fallon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 15:32:18 PST 2013

On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 13:37:43 +0100
Ken Fallon <ken.fallon at gmail.com> wrote:

> This tag is already supported in the feeds using the
> 'rss/channel/item/itunes:explicit="yes"' field. All HPR episodes are
> given this tag by default but it would be a simple matter to add a
> field to the episode database to change this on and off a per show
> basis.
>
> Going forward please include this in the shownotes you submit.
>
> If people email me the settings and show number I will change it.
>
> Ken (as HPR Admin)

The necessary changes to accommodate a per show explicit
field has been made. I have just modified the backend and the mp3,
ogg and spx feeds to include the option to add the option to filter
based on the explicit tag. The only option is 'explicit=0'.

http://hackerpublicradio.org/hpr_mp3_rss.php?explicit=0
http://hackerpublicradio.org/hpr_ogg_rss.php?explicit=0
http://hackerpublicradio.org/hpr_spx_rss.php?explicit=0
http://hackerpublicradio.org/hpr_total_rss.php?explicit=0
http://hackerpublicradio.org/hpr_total_ogg_rss.php?explicit=0
http://hackerpublicradio.org/hpr_total_spx_rss.php?explicit=0

This will leave the <itunes:explicit> on the <channel> as "Yes" but will
toggle the <item> to <itunes:explicit>clean</itunes:explicit>.
Currently the only shows flagged as 'explicit=0' are the ones from
klaatu. For those wishing to reclassify your shows please review the
attached guidelines from the FCC and follow the link to Apples website
http://www.apple.com/itunes/podcasts/specs.html. Apple has a policy of
banning incorrectly flagged shows, so we could loose approximately 7 -
20 % of HPR listeners in one fell swoop if you classify your show
incorrectly.

Please alert me or admin at hackerpublicradio.org if anything strange
starts to happen.

Ken (as HPR Admin)