[Hpr] Posting backup shows

ken.fallon at gmail.com ken.fallon at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 12:42:47 PDT 2013

Hi All,

Not to spoil the excitement that is "HPR Community news" or anything,
but now with the new system the hosts decide the schedule.
http://hackerpublicradio.org/calendar.php. That is except for the now 6
backup shows we have. Pokey mentioned that he was looking at the
calendar and saw how bad it looked, but he knew that there were backup
shows.

This got me thinking that we should *not* have any backup shows. The
community decides the schedule and it is the community that should step
up and make sure the queue is full. I would like to remove any feeling
that there is a backup plan, so that the calendar represents exactly the
state of the schedule for the coming period.

So I am proposing putting the backup shows into the queue (where their
hosts wish them to be placed)

What do you all think ?