[Hpr] We're [in]famous

ken.fallon at gmail.com ken.fallon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 08:26:59 PDT 2013

On 2013-07-09 17:11, Krayon wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Jul 2013 00:05:09 -0700
> Keith Murray <kdmurray at kdmurray.com> wrote:
>
>> 1. Hijack site - hackerpublicradio.com
>> 2. Twitter - Twitter.com/HPR
>> 3. HPR Info Page -
>> hackerpublicradio.ORG/mailman/listinfo/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org‎ 4.
>> LinuxFest NW Sponsor Page -
>> linuxfestnorthwest.org/sponsor/hacker-public-radio 5. Archive.org HPR
>> Page - archive.org/details/hackerpublicradio
>
> Whether or not Google still use the same techniques I don't know but
> I'm sure I read back in the day that w3c compliance, meta tags and the
> like can assist in Google ranking.  Having said that, most of Google's
> properties aren't w3c compliant so maybe they say pfft now :P
I'm not sure about that as we are compliant both for css and html.

http://validator.w3.org/feed/check.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fhackerpublicradio.org%2F

> We can all do our part at least by linking to HPR if we don't already
> (I was shocked to find I didn't) as I'm sure they still hold that in
> high regard.
>
> Regards,

Even using "hackerpublicradio.org" we get wrong results. It looks like
we are appearing as spam for some reason. Could be that the main page is
derived from an rss feed.

I'm comparing it to "The linux link tech show" and their show seems to
be listed correctly.