[Hpr] We're [in]famous

Krayon hpr2010 at datapax.com.au
Tue Jul 9 09:09:09 PDT 2013

On Tue, 09 Jul 2013 17:26:59 +0200
"ken.fallon at gmail.com" <ken.fallon at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure about that as we are compliant both for css and html.
>
> http://validator.w3.org/feed/check.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fhackerpublicradio.org%2F

I'm referring to the main web page, not the feed(s):
  http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=hackerpublicradio.org

Again, whether or not they care, is another matter, considering HPR do
better than Google:
  http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=google.com

It is quite weird that they don't seem to comply themselves anymore
though, as I say back in the day it was one of the MAJOR weights for
results (IIRC).

Could probably do that thing where you put a file Google give you in
the root to associate a Google account, that probably gives you more
rep.

I'm sure site linking is still the most bestest though, so everyone
link :D

> Even using "hackerpublicradio.org" we get wrong results. It looks like
> we are appearing as spam for some reason. Could be that the main page
> is derived from an rss feed.

Not sure what you mean by "wrong results".  Searching for
"hackerpublicradio.org" and '"hackerpublicradio.org"' yield HPR page
results (though none the front page admittedly).

I guess the comment spam that used to plague the site once could also
have given it a Google stigma.

Krayon
~o~