[Hpr] We're [in]famous

Keith Murray kdmurray at kdmurray.com
Tue Jul 9 09:18:28 PDT 2013

If you're logged into any of your Google account of Google cookies on your system you may not see the same Google results as everyone else. This is why, I think, we are seeing so much variation in the results coming back from Google.

Ultimately I believe the concern here is where the HPR site is showing up in results, and not necessarily the validation of the pages. Winking is Google's strongest criterion for determining what it assigns as far as PageRank to individual websites. One of the best things that any of us with blogs or podcast can do is to link to the HPR website. Whether it's the homepage, or an individual episode, or both, incoming links will help drive up the ranking of the website in the Google results.

So in addition to us, and I include myself in that, needing to produce more content for the feed, a drive to push more links to the website will undoubtedly help search engine ranking.

K.