[Hpr] We're [in]famous

ken.fallon at gmail.com ken.fallon at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 22:51:31 PDT 2013

On 2013-07-09 21:30, Kynan Dent wrote:
> The Webmaster Tools stuff doesn't require that there be any Google
> JavaScript or anything there, it just gives you some stats on what's
> driving traffic to you. Someone who has access to the domain (Ken ;)
> to upload a blob of verification HTML can authorise themselves to be
> the webmaster for the site and get access to the stats.
>
> https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools is the site, but you do need a
> Google account of some sort to authenticate with (plain old GMail will
> do).
>

> On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 11:53 AM, Ken Fallon <ken at fallon.ie
> <mailto:ken at fallon.ie>> wrote:
>
>     On 2013-07-09 18:23, Kynan Dent wrote:
>>     Does anyone have Google Webmaster Tools setup for
>>     hackerpublicradio.org <http://hackerpublicradio.org>? That might
>>     have some interesting data with regard to incoming links to less
>>     preferred pages (ie the mailing list admin page).
>>

>     No we don't have any Google stuff on the site.
>
>     Ken.

We may have found the problem :)

    Fetch as Google

This is how Googlebot fetched the page.

*URL:* http://hackerpublicradio.org/

*Date:* Wednesday, July 10, 2013 at 10:48:01 PM PDT

*Googlebot Type:* Web

*Download Time (in milliseconds):* 114

Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 05:48:01 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_bwlimited/1.4

<title>403 Forbidden</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Forbidden</h1>
on this server.</p>
error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.</p>
<hr>
<address>Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at hackerpublicradio.org Port 80</address>