[Hpr] LUG Presentation

Frank Bell frankwbell at cox.net
Mon Jul 29 19:41:52 PDT 2013

I will be talking to my LUG about HPR this weekend.

I have an idea of what I want to say, but I would appreciate suggestions
regarding the one or two things *you* think are most important about
HPR.  I know what I think, but I'd like to frame this thing to try to
push as many buttons as possible to motivate my audience to
participate, if not by contributing, at least by listening.

Also, if you have a favorite HPR podcast and can provide a link, I'd be
happy to work them into a handout.

The main things I'm thinking of mentioning (this is still very preliminary--this just happened tonight) are

* the welcoming spirit
* the openness of the community
* the freedom afforded to pick any topic and to approach it in a way of
one's choosing
* the tolerance of less-than-perfect audio
* the stunning variety of topics for the listener (and the presenter)

--

Blogging From Pine View Farm (http://www.pineviewfarm.net/weblog).
Updates daily.  Worthwhile updates occasionally.