[Hpr] LUG Presentation

ken.fallon at gmail.com ken.fallon at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 21:33:28 PDT 2013

On 2013-07-30 06:25, jezra wrote:
> If possible, it would be great if your presentation included a
> demonstration of using Audacity to record and edit audio. For some
> people (me), a live demonstration of software is highly inspiring.

I would suggest avoiding this, as Audacity is not (necessarily) a tool
for a novice. As can be seen from hpr1298 :: Recording for HPR using
Audacity (http://hackerpublicradio.org/eps.php?id=1298) there are a lot
of things that can go wrong.

I personally never ever record in Audacity ever. The only editing I do
in Audacity is to truncate silence. It would be far less daunting to
have them record on a device that they already own, like an
android/iphone/sanza clip or via the call in line.

That said Jezra has a valid point, we should have a Audacity help video
screen cast - Anyone want to volunteer ?