[Hpr] LUG Presentation

epicanis+hpr at dogphilosophy.net epicanis+hpr at dogphilosophy.net
Tue Jul 30 07:12:42 PDT 2013

Another advantage: be a *participant* an not a mere "consumer" on the internet.

I don't have a particular "favorite" episode, but I did think Pokey's recent
episode[1] (Intro to Campfires) was a great example of how hackable systems
don't have to be COMPUTER systems (and therefore the possible topics suitable
for HPR episodes is much broader than "computer stuff", though obviously
"computer stuff" is also desirable...)

I wasn't going to weigh in on the suitability of Audacity for recording (I used it
for the first episode or two I did) but now I'm inclined to join the voices
of dissent because it's really irritating me right now (it has stopped
functioning sometime between when I last used it and this week and it's
keeping me from getting episodes edited. Anybody know any other audio-editing
options that are more reliable?)...

(An android phone with the open-source "Rehearsal Assistant" app out of f-droid or
the Android market, configured to record lossless PCM makes a good solid-state
recorder for episodes, especially if you have an external microphone you can
plug in, but I still need a way to edit the finished recording to make the episode...)

[1] http://hackerpublicradio.org/eps.php?id=1296