[Hpr] LUG Presentation

Nigel Verity nigelverity at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 30 11:00:52 PDT 2013

Hi

I would emphasise the point that nobody exerts any editorial influence over the content of a podcast, and that includes the speaker's choice of vocabulary.

I never cease to be surprised that the only audio software people seem to consider is Audacity. It's very good, but for a beginner it's overkill, and makes the whole business of audio processing seem complex and daunting. For basic recording and editing on Linux I use, and would recommend to everyone, an application called mhwaveedit. It's smaller, simpler and much faster than Audacity, and rock solid too. On Windows I would suggest Goldwave - a bit more sophisticated than mhwavedit, but still simpler than Audacity.

Regards

Nige