[Hpr] Ingress episode(s)?

Kevin O'Brien zwilnik at zwilnik.com
Fri Mar 1 06:29:40 PST 2013

On 2/26/2013 4:22 PM, epicanis+hpr at dogphilosophy.net wrote:
> Actually, following up to my own post, it's slowly sinking into my thick skull that if I have this much material, I could pretty easily split the topic up into at least 2 and maybe 3-4 episodes rather than taking an axe to much of what I have already. (In addition to probably speeding up my ability to get something recorded, this would of course also help pad the queue a bit.)
>
> Taking the sample of the HPR mailing list as a "representative sample" - how interested are people here in the topic?
>
> (For anyone who's managed to avoid the talk of it so far, I'm referring to the location-based game that Google/Niantic Labs has been working on, some information for which may be found at http://www.ingress.com . Then again it may not.)

First, I loved the last show you did for HPR, and I think getting more
you would be great.
Second, I have frequently taken big topics and broken them into pieces
for a series. I think you would be doing fine to try that. My basic
rule-of-thumb is to aim at 20-30 minutes. If I have less (e.g. 10
minutes) I look for something to add. If I have more (e.g. 45 minutes) I
would split it into 2 episodes. Right now I have done 12(?) episodes in
my LibreOffice series, and the end is no where in sight, but it does
serve to fill the queue.<g>

Kevin B. O'Brien
zwilnik at zwilnik.com
A damsel with a dulcimer in a vision once I saw.