[Hpr] Boo, Hiss, a google search on top of the HPR webpage!

Ken Fallon ken.fallon at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 12:32:43 PDT 2013

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 13:04:02 -0700 (PDT)
Charles Thayer <catintp at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Status quo for now, unless a clearly superior solution jumps out at
> us.

@Everyone.
OK I cleaned up the ugly search in the header situation. For now search
is a navigation option which leads one to:
http://hackerpublicradio.org/search.php

More options will be added there as they arise.

> Separate issue...
>
> Someone really should conjure up a "grepisode" script using (say)
> Lynx on the client side, and optionally feed the results to a
> text-to-speech tool for accessibility. That would make for a nice
> techie episode, but it would probably not add anything new to the
> universe that we couldn't get from a search engine.
>
> If we made it a contest, we could squeeze a series out of it as
> different hackers approach it from different angles. That could be
> cool to watch.
>
> It has the potential to be a cool learning project, especially the
> accessible computing angle.

@Charles: I'm not getting what you mean here. Could you go into more
detail please ?