[Hpr] Fwd: How to link multiple hosts in a mysql db

Ken Fallon ken.fallon at gmail.com
Wed May 15 09:08:24 PDT 2013

On Wed, 15 May 2013 14:24:21 +0200
Johan Vervloet <johan.vervloet at gmail.com> wrote:

> (I should have sent this to the list :-))

(Apologies to Pokey for the use of his family for this exercise)

In my view, every "person" is a "Host", it's just some of them don't
know it yet. Therefore the "Hosts" table can be maintained as it is but
with the addition of "hosts" that have not authored their own show as
yet.

Atom makes a distinction between author and contributor
http://www.atomenabled.org/developers/syndication/atom-format-spec.php#element.author
http://www.atomenabled.org/developers/syndication/atom-format-spec.php#element.contributor

So the episodes table would have a link to a "author" from the host
table.

So the new table would be a contributor table with an n:m relationship.