[Hpr] HPR Web Submission Form: Third review imminent...

epicanis+hpr at dogphilosophy.net epicanis+hpr at dogphilosophy.net
Wed May 22 10:16:19 PDT 2013

> Date in combination with the files md5sum should be fine to give
>
> uniqueness. Two points:
>  - Dates should ALWAYS be in ISO8601 format.

Wait...you mean there are OTHER date formats? :-)

>  - You won't have the md5sum before the upload so you will need to
>    rename once the upload is finished.

Do you mind basic format ISO8601 (i.e. no separators other than the 'T') or do you need/want the "extended" version? (i.e. "20130522T170800Z" as opposed to "2013-05-22T17:08:00Z")?

I would tend to go with basic format iso8601 and md5sum separated by a "-" if it were me, but I could also use extended iso8601 and md5sum separated by, say, an underscore. On the other hand, PHP5 now has a specific option in the "date()" function to generate a full extended iso8601 date ( date('c') )...

This isn't too much of a change either way - the script already waits until after it verifies that it's successfully received the upload before it tries to create the save directory to move it to, so all I need to alter is how the name of the directory is generated (and add a call to md5sum() on the uploaded file beforehand).

I should be able to get this done pretty quickly.