[Hpr] new show posting algorithm

Klaatu klaatu at straightedgelinux.com
Tue May 28 11:17:10 PDT 2013

I know this is a much-discussed topic, but it's partly for that reason that
I've been tracking the progress of an episode I submitted via FTP, trying to
predict when it would actually be posted to HPR's feed. One show I posted on
April 2nd to FTP has been "in queue" for 42 days and counting.

I think that's too long for anyone's show to be in queue; I think it
discourages contributors, I think it frustrates contributors, and I think it
risks making mini-series episodes so far and few between that they become
disjointed.

It seems to me that a simpler algorithm would help encourage contributors
(both existing and new) to post shows. Here is my proposal:

1. First In, First Out

2. When possible, no repeated hosts within the same week

3. No reserved slots; shows with existing RSS feeds are re-broadcast only when
there is no original HPR content waiting to be aired.

4. Special requests (for time-sensitive episodes) are the exception to every
rule.

Thoughts?

- klaatu