[Hpr] new show posting algorithm

Ken Fallon ken at fallon.ie
Wed May 29 12:06:32 PDT 2013

On 2013-05-29 15:59, Klaatu wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 29, 2013 12:38:18 AM Ken Fallon wrote:
>> [snip]
>> I think Klaatu nailed it with the rule "First in First out" but I
>> would suggest that be the only rule, with the caveat that you can pick
>> any available date/episode number.
>> [snip]

>> Sounds a lot better to me. How do you propose the hosts choose their airdate?
>>
>> - klaatu

The upload form would have a drop down with the first two items been
"Normal (Selected)" then "Backup Show" and then a list of
free/unscheduled slots listed by "episode number/date". Once processed,
the show would be added to the database and the episode/day would not be
available any more.

The beauty of this is that all the decision making is done by the community.