[Hpr] Linux Voice

Stephen Ward aukondk at aukondk.com
Wed Nov 13 23:56:22 PST 2013

I got the impression that the atmosphere at Future publishing had been
pretty sour for a while. A big, slow publishing company failing to really
understand the digital side of things. They cut a bunch of jobs a couple of
years ago, and more still very recently which is why they left; at my last
job I was planning to leave and when the offer of redundancy came up I
leapt at the chance.

On 13 November 2013 18:24, Kevin O'Brien <zwilnik at zwilnik.com> wrote:

> On 11/11/2013 11:14 PM, Frank Bell wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 11 Nov 2013 19:19:33 -0500
>> Kevin O'Brien <zwilnik at zwilnik.com> wrote:
>>
>>  Yeah, I signed up. I hope they make it, though they are looking for a
>>> goodly sum.
>>>
>> I also kicked in some bucks, mainly because I've enjoyed their podcasts
>> so much.  They include laughs with the news.  We all need more laughs.
>>
>> I got nuthin' agin' givin' back.
>>
>> They have a new podcast at http://www.linuxlifestyle.com/
>>
>> One is force to conclude that the editorial falling out at Linux Format
>> was quite serious.
>>
>>  I imagine there is a very interesting story behind the Linux Format
> walkout, since a bunch of them left all at once. But I suspect it is not in
> their interest to talk about it publicly.
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Kevin B. O'Brien
> zwilnik at zwilnik.com
> "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they
> went." -- Will Rogers

Stephen Ward
Admin - aukondk.com