[Hpr] Please continue to send in shows

Sat Nov 16 06:10:41 PST 2013

It may be non-intuitive, but some of my favorite shows have background noises. I love it when I hear the host's kid come home from school, or a cat asking for food, or dishes being washed, or when the host is recording on their phone while driving. The background noises make the show more real, more like a distant friend is talking to me on the phone, which is often what's happening.

-------- Original message --------
From: Curtis Adkins <curtadkins at gmail.com>
Date: 11/16/2013  5:29 AM  (GMT-07:00)
To: hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
Subject: Re: [Hpr] Please continue to send in shows

Sure, why not.  I made a mic pop filter out of an embroidery hoop and some cut up pantyhose.  That with a $10.00 XLR to USB converter and I was good.  Just a good thing I already had a decent mic and stand.  I would love to see more episodes on how people have their setup and some of the software and techniques they use.

I've only done 2 episodes so I wouldn't say I really have a "technique" yet.  I'm still trying to get my notes together!

C:\