[Hpr] Why no hpr torrent yet?

dg dg at deepgeek.us
Tue Nov 26 03:52:37 PST 2013

Very cool, this  is the kind of discussion I was looking for.  It never
occurred to me that we could make annuals out of the torrents, but it
looks extremely desirable.  I'm a big fan of the fact that you can
download internal parts of the torrent file, but was looking for
something that made more sense than the potential user specifying a
block of episode numbers within a torrent.  The idea of even having the
whole thing by month, within the annual torrents, would give an
excellent usability to the end user, do we agree?

Which is better, by means of universality, using gzip or tar?  Or maybe
(since all these formats are quite compressed already,) maybe we should
have monthly folders within annual torrents?  Ideas PLEASE!

All that aside, I think the first step is for me to personally automate
my downloading of all the files, starting with speex, which looks very
attractive to me, as what I can learn from the smaller set of speex
files can then save me when I move on to bigger ogg and mp3 archives
(unless after I do speex, I get a volunteer for a point-person for a
format...)

Thanks, and thanks for the offer of access, Ken,
---
DG