[Hpr] HPR encoding/metadata (and uploading)

ken.fallon at gmail.com ken.fallon at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 12:11:50 PST 2013

On 2013-11-26 18:57, epicanis+hpr at dogphilosophy.net wrote:

> I'm FINALLY about to upload. Were you serious about wanting the .wav
> file as well?
If you are converting this yourself, as you are, then the flac is not
necessary only the wav.

We create a wav file for archive.org and once Mike Dupont has the script
ready. I will adapt the encoding script to upload the wavs to
archive.org as part of the automatic posting process. This will make
them automatically available under the existing Hacker Public Radio Account.

For everyone else that is not encoding stuff your self, please continue
to upload the best quality.

> Is there a quick way to tell if someone has beaten me to episode 1392
> (i.e. uploaded sincethe last calendar update?) Not that it matters TOO much, but since I'm
> filling out the
> metadata before upload, the "tracknumber"/"track" will need to be
> changed if I guess wrong
>
> on which episode number I end up with...

Yes this has been added to the Read me on the FTP site and on the Web
site and has also been sent in an email to the list and also been spoken
about in the community news section and if you look outside you'll see a
carrier pigion delivering it to you over RFC1149
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1149.txt :). Seriously.

If it's listed as available here
http://hackerpublicradio.org/calendar.php and there are no other shows
in the ftp server then you will get your desired date. If there are
other shows on the ftp server then look in their show notes to see if
they have requested your date. You could also haggle with them (if you
get to them before I do). Which is very likely this week.