[Hpr] HPR encoding/metadata (and uploading)

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 27 05:32:47 PST 2013

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 2:11 PM, ken.fallon at gmail.com
<ken.fallon at gmail.com> wrote:
> We create a wav file for archive.org and once Mike Dupont has the script
> ready. I will adapt the encoding script to upload the wavs to
> archive.org as part of the automatic posting process. This will make
> them automatically available under the existing Hacker Public Radio Account.

Have not forgotten about you, I have a bit more free time and am
working on scripts again.
besides cleaning up the code (see my refactoring branch) I will
publish one show that I can create with the scripts and have it
describe itself.
that is my first goal, second one being the archive.org uploading. I
guess then to be able to read an existing show and upload it to
archive would be a nice goal as well, so a transfer function.

interesting point about the wav, so see here:
see here : http://archive.org/about/faqs.php
    http://archive.org/about/faqs.php#231

they accept flac or wav directy and will convert them to all other formats.

mike

--
James Michael DuPont
Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova http://www.flossk.org