[Hpr] 2013-14 New Years 24-hour show

George sndchaser at cerebralrift.org
Wed Oct 16 07:09:20 PDT 2013

And that was part of the problem: Krayon wasn't around to handle the
timeout issue when it cropped up.  I remember that now.

Okay, some digging around suggests that it is possible to do the
transcoding at the public streaming servers using IceS:
http://www.icecast.org/ices.php

IceS can take any input stream and transcode, downsample, etc. the
stream, and forward it to multiple instances / mount points on an
IceCast server.

So, that would be a way to get us down to one bot, and one relay stream.
  Assuming that the IceCast server owners would be willing to work on
setting / using IceS *and* there aren't technical issues in setting it
up (like a heavy CPU load).

George