[Hpr] Queue Status, Backup Shows, and Prioritization Systems (oh my)

epicanis+hpr at dogphilosophy.net epicanis+hpr at dogphilosophy.net
Mon Oct 21 09:13:09 PDT 2013

> If people are not sending shows in because of the backup queue, I would
> just prefer to schedule all the backup shows and be done with it.
>
> Has anyone any objection to me scheduling all the backup shows now ?

Personally, I'd prefer to KEEP the backup shows as "backup" buffer. Rather
than stopping me from sending in shows, it makes it possible for me to say
"Oh, good, the backup shows will give me a couple of days to record something
before HPR goes silent" rather than "Oh, crap, HPR is empty and I don't have time
to record something that doesn't suck."

(Yes, I know what you're thinking: "But, Epicanis, it's okay if it sucks, it's not
like we have a Hacker Public Radio Quality Control Agent standing next to
you pointing a flamethrower at your head if your episode sucks". That's not
entirely true though, it's just that the agent is in my head instead of standing
next to me...I can cope with me making an episode that sucks because I'm deluded
or chose a bad topic or whatever, but not because I was just sloppy.

That's just me, though.)