[Hpr] Queue Status, Backup Shows, and Prioritization Systems (oh my)

ken.fallon at gmail.com ken.fallon at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 06:54:12 PDT 2013

On 2013-10-22 15:42, Mike Dupont wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 10:29 AM, David L. Willson <DLWillson at thegeek.nu> wrote:
>> One more thought: Has the unthinkable ever been thought? ie: That perhaps,
>> two (or more) shows could release on the same day?
>>
>> One more, more: Is there an HPR stream? Should there be? It could be a daily
>> recorded show (or two shows, or a repeat), occasional live events, and CC
>> music on shuffle the rest of the time. Just an idea.
This is what live.hackerpublicradio.org was for.

> All good ideas, it would be nice to have shorter segments on the same
> day, I was thinking about making a 15 minute talk for example.
> About the stream, we can make a stream on ustream i guess or some
> other site, i am sure it is possible.
We have a vps ready for this purpose. We have loads of processing power,
disk space and bandwidth all kindly supplied by lunarpages.com and paid
for by StankDwag. Anyone volunteering to do this work please step forward.

I would also recommend that this be set-up to be the main relay for the
New Year show as everyone that needs it, can be given access to maintain
it.

> about hosting, have you seen archive.org? we can host all the shows there.
> mike
https://archive.org/details/HackerPublicRadio.org-Archive

I am still looking for a volunteer to script the automatic upload of the
wav files to their sites.