Nelson José Dos Santos Ferreira nelson.ferreira at ieee.org
Sun Sep 8 14:05:15 PDT 2013

On Sep 8, 2013, at 12:09 , dg <dg at deepgeek.us> wrote:

> Uh, I would like to think there would be a way to keep something
> within the group.  Of course, I have a personality considered
> over-cautious in regards to Corporate and Government surveillance, so it
> might be just me.
>
> Is there a filtering method, or does any one else have feelings like
> mine?

You can specify the X-No-Archive header (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-No-Archive) on your email and gmane won't archive it.
However you should know that _email_ subscribers will receive it and their replies with the quotes *may* be archived...
It is fairly easy to add a rule to Gnus to add the header (for those hackers here that use it for News+Mail+RSS ;) )

http://gmane.org/faq.php:
But I saw an article once, and now it's gone.
Yes. Articles with X-No-Archive and the like disappear after a while. And you can't find articles like that in the search engine

[..]