Frank Bell frankwbell at cox.net
Mon Sep 9 12:31:28 PDT 2013

On Sun, 8 Sep 2013 13:28:09 -0400
dg <dg at deepgeek.us> wrote:

> Even to know you think of this list as something only people that are
> interested in HPR would join, in fact, anybody, even the curious or
> invasive, could have joined

I did not say that I thought only persons interested in HPR would join
this list.

All I said was that anyone could join.  That includes interested, not
in HPR, but in persons who might be interested in HPR.

I'm sure that HPR has attracted undeserved attention because of
the popular conception of a "hacker."

What I was saying was that a newsgroup would be no more public, for all
practical purposes, than a public mailing list.

--

Blogging From Pine View Farm (http://www.pineviewfarm.net/weblog).
Updates daily.  Worthwhile updates occasionally.