[Hpr] Hpr Digest, Vol 60, Issue 5

lostnbronx lostnbronx at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 14:26:38 PDT 2013


On 9/9/13, hpr-request at hackerpublicradio.org
<hpr-request at hackerpublicradio.org> wrote:
> Send Hpr mailing list submissions to
> 	hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> 	http://hackerpublicradio.org/mailman/listinfo/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org
>
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> 	hpr-request at hackerpublicradio.org
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> 	hpr-owner at hackerpublicradio.org
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Hpr digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re: HPR Mailing list on http://gmane.org/about.php
>       (ken.fallon at gmail.com)
>    2. Re: HPR Mailing list on http://gmane.org/about.php (Cobra2)
>    3. Re: HPR Mailing list on http://gmane.org/about.php (dg)
>    4. Re: HPR Mailing list on http://gmane.org/about.php
>       (Nelson Jos? Dos Santos Ferreira)
>    5. Re: HPR Mailing list on http://gmane.org/about.php (Kevin O'Brien)
>    6. Re: HPR Mailing list on http://gmane.org/about.php (NYbill)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2013 21:25:08 +0200
> From: "ken.fallon at gmail.com" <ken.fallon at gmail.com>
> To: hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
> Subject: Re: [Hpr] HPR Mailing list on http://gmane.org/about.php
> Message-ID: <522CCF14.5050303 at gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> On 2013-09-08 19:28, dg wrote:
>> Hey, Frank,
>>
>> So, to say it back, so I'm sure I see your point...
>>
>> Even to know you think of this list as something only people that are
>> interested in HPR would join, in fact, anybody, even the curious or
>> invasive, could have joined [already.]
>>
>> Hrmmm,
>> ---
>> DG
>>
>
> The list membership is not static, people leave and join all the time,
> so from a community perspective a public archive would allow people look
> back to see if topics were discussed before.
>
> Having a public archive would allow new members to decide if we are a
> community they wish to participate in.
>
> As oft stated, the HPR Mailing List sets the direction for HPR itself so
> as such it should be open and transparent, like in any good democracy.
>
> I'm sure that those that feel the need to monitor us have already done
> so. Making it public will afford the honest law abiding citizens the
> same access that their tax dollars are allowing others to do.
>
> Ken.
> As Community member.
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2013 13:30:33 -0600
> From: Cobra2 <cobra2 at cctracker.org>
> To: "hpr at hackerpublicradio.org" <hpr at hackerpublicradio.org>
> Subject: Re: [Hpr] HPR Mailing list on http://gmane.org/about.php
> Message-ID: <014cbbac-aa8a-42c4-9886-569b130ab766 at email.android.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> Silence.
>
> "ken.fallon at gmail.com" <ken.fallon at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi All,
>>
>>I intend to submitthe HPR Archive to the http://gmane.org/about.php so
>>that it can be archived accessed as a news group.
>>
>>Has anyone any issues with this ? Note all past and future emails to
>>hpr at hackerpublicradio.org, will be available to anyone to view !
>>
>>As always silence is considered approval.
>>
>>Ken.
>>
>>
>>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>_______________________________________________
>>Hpr mailing list
>>Hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
>>http://hackerpublicradio.org/mailman/listinfo/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org
>
> --
> Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> <http://hackerpublicradio.org/pipermail/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org/attachments/20130908/bfbe2e16/attachment-0001.html>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 15:44:38 -0400
> From: dg <dg at deepgeek.us>
> To: "ken.fallon at gmail.com" <ken.fallon at gmail.com>
> Cc: hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
> Subject: Re: [Hpr] HPR Mailing list on http://gmane.org/about.php
> Message-ID: <20130908154438.708500f4 at squeeze0212.slc5.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
>
> Frank's and Ken's points are well taken, "Nihil Obstat..."
> ---
> DG
>
> On Sun, 08 Sep 2013 21:25:08 +0200
> "ken.fallon at gmail.com" <ken.fallon at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2013-09-08 19:28, dg wrote:
>> > Hey, Frank,
>> >
>> > So, to say it back, so I'm sure I see your point...
>> >
>> > Even to know you think of this list as something only people that
>> > are interested in HPR would join, in fact, anybody, even the
>> > curious or invasive, could have joined [already.]
>> >
>> > Hrmmm,
>> > ---
>> > DG
>> >
>>
>> The list membership is not static, people leave and join all the time,
>> so from a community perspective a public archive would allow people
>> look back to see if topics were discussed before.
>>
>> Having a public archive would allow new members to decide if we are a
>> community they wish to participate in.
>>
>> As oft stated, the HPR Mailing List sets the direction for HPR itself
>> so as such it should be open and transparent, like in any good
>> democracy.
>>
>> I'm sure that those that feel the need to monitor us have already done
>> so. Making it public will afford the honest law abiding citizens the
>> same access that their tax dollars are allowing others to do.
>>
>> Ken.
>> As Community member.
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Hpr mailing list
>> Hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
>> http://hackerpublicradio.org/mailman/listinfo/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 17:05:15 -0400
> From: Nelson Jos? Dos Santos Ferreira 	<nelson.ferreira at ieee.org>
> To: dg <dg at deepgeek.us>
> Cc: HPR Hacker Public Radio Mailing List <hpr at hackerpublicradio.org>
> Subject: Re: [Hpr] HPR Mailing list on http://gmane.org/about.php
> Message-ID: <E2FEEBFA-8EC4-4192-9D85-15018F309324 at ieee.org>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>
>
> On Sep 8, 2013, at 12:09 , dg <dg at deepgeek.us> wrote:
>
>> Uh, I would like to think there would be a way to keep something
>> within the group.  Of course, I have a personality considered
>> over-cautious in regards to Corporate and Government surveillance, so it
>> might be just me.
>>
>> Is there a filtering method, or does any one else have feelings like
>> mine?
>>
>
> You can specify the X-No-Archive header
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-No-Archive) on your email and gmane won't
> archive it.
> However you should know that _email_ subscribers will receive it and their
> replies with the quotes *may* be archived...
> It is fairly easy to add a rule to Gnus to add the header (for those hackers
> here that use it for News+Mail+RSS ;) )
>
> http://gmane.org/faq.php:
> But I saw an article once, and now it's gone.
> Yes. Articles with X-No-Archive and the like disappear after a while. And
> you can't find articles like that in the search engine
>
> [..]
>
> -------------- next part --------------
> A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
> Name: signature.asc
> Type: application/pgp-signature
> Size: 1575 bytes
> Desc: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail
> URL:
> <http://hackerpublicradio.org/pipermail/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org/attachments/20130908/be25c74a/attachment-0001.bin>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2013 17:55:28 -0400
> From: Kevin O'Brien <zwilnik at zwilnik.com>
> To: hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
> Subject: Re: [Hpr] HPR Mailing list on http://gmane.org/about.php
> Message-ID: <522CF250.5010502 at zwilnik.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"; Format="flowed"
>
> On 09/08/2013 04:33 AM, ken.fallon at gmail.com wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I intend to submitthe HPR Archive to the http://gmane.org/about.php so
>> that it can be archived accessed as a news group.
>>
>> Has anyone any issues with this ? Note all past and future emails to
>> hpr at hackerpublicradio.org, will be available to anyone to view !
>>
>> As always silence is considered approval.
>
> No issues with me.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Kevin B. O'Brien
> zwilnik at zwilnik.com
> http://google.me/+kevinobrien
> There's a difference between tempting fate and giving it a lap dance.
>
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> <http://hackerpublicradio.org/pipermail/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org/attachments/20130908/fe640aa0/attachment-0001.html>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2013 18:02:25 -0400
> From: NYbill <nybill at gunmonkeynet.net>
> To: hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
> Subject: Re: [Hpr] HPR Mailing list on http://gmane.org/about.php
> Message-ID: <522CF3F1.30604 at gunmonkeynet.net>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> On 09/08/2013 04:33 AM, ken.fallon at gmail.com wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I intend to submitthe HPR Archive to the http://gmane.org/about.php so
>> that it can be archived accessed as a news group.
>>
>> Has anyone any issues with this ? Note all past and future emails to
>> hpr at hackerpublicradio.org, will be available to anyone to view !
>>
>> As always silence is considered approval.
>>
>> Ken.
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Hpr mailing list
>> Hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
>> http://hackerpublicradio.org/mailman/listinfo/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org
>>
>
> Well, I don't feel any of this is private. So, I say carry on.
>
> I would however like to meet the nutter that would find all our drivel
> interesting to read through. ;)
>
> b
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (GNU/Linux)
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://www.enigmail.net/
>
> iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJSLPPxAAoJEItI30RR73VOSTYH/0X0DxzpgscuU9FulEhpCSpu
> rOPAzcpL9cPDY+9RknALEYD/9fR80ryiXWQUt+f4qxeSf/cQQNqZTBMX4Zj0B1P7
> +3wz3OXry5OHfKI71VRmCmJJ//0JyBadEhsqtLXpUqlEgmD9T7/b1Ru04egzPRsx
> 3I+MFdu6DxbAmSUBj6aBNwRvvzqp2FvEcFfRPgNzxR8HaIqN4Dr2Cs0vzL8dKDtU
> K1GHZ/PLjuB6KchcGrxeedve1j2CVb5mr1tNN+245QdFy4KaYoTLxAxR6sp/vh8C
> 1kDKjgf1wywA1c/4081Jnq7mcOkAFyrjT4ZZ80hYKQ+9IQ/rmTZuX7+UPx9T5gw=
> =GtsF
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Subject: Digest Footer
>
> _______________________________________________
> Hpr mailing list
> Hpr at hackerpublicradio.org
> http://hackerpublicradio.org/mailman/listinfo/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> End of Hpr Digest, Vol 60, Issue 5
> **********************************
>




More information about the Hpr mailing list