[Hpr] Upcoming Series on "Units": Help with Medical Maths?

Charles Thayer catintp at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 10 04:57:48 PDT 2013

I am working on a series on Practical Math, starting with an introduction to using and understanding "units". The first couple of shows will be pretty basic explanations of what units are, and how to do arithmetic with quantities that have units attached. Some people call this "dimensional analysis", but I prefer to call it maths in the world of things.

Before I finish, I would like to at least touch on the units used in medicine dosages. I don't know anyone in the field, so I would have to do a fair amount of research to do a show that might still have little practical value. This might work better if a nurse or pharmacist did a guest spot, or maybe an interview.

I'm not fussy here. I would be happy to end up with a show with tips for practitioners, or a show on defensive dosage checking for patients and caregivers.

There will be several references to the show on "units" from Linux in the Shell, using DuckDuckGo for units conversions, and other ways to use your computer or phone to help you.

Any ideas?

Charles in NJ

"Hmm. CCs... That must mean 'cups of coffee'."

Sent from an undisclosed location.