[Hpr] Comment system, versus Forums versus disqus versus ...

Carl D Hamann carl.hamann at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 06:31:54 PDT 2014

On Sun, Apr 6, 2014 at 5:40 PM, George <sndchaser at cerebralrift.org> wrote:
> Personally, I really dislike Disqus

I'm also voting against Disqus. Since it has to load a 3rd party
site's content, it requires javascript. I've heard recently that
they've started injecting adverts. And I would agree with George that
the fewer corporate interests with a stake in hpr, the better.

> On 2014-04-06 02:51, Ken Fallon wrote:
> So the question is: What is the _best_ way to get/give feedback or have
> discussions on shows ?

Personally, I've always liked usenet, but that can be difficult with
fewer and fewer ISPs offering it. Since we already have a forum, I
think that's our best bet. Integrating into the hpr site could mean
something as simple as having a link to the forums (possibly straight
to the relevant topic?) at the bottom of the shownotes saying "Discuss
this episode"