[Hpr] Comment feed?

Ken Fallon ken at fallon.ie
Sat Jun 7 13:31:30 PDT 2014

On 2014-06-07 22:10, Dave Morriss wrote:
> On 07/06/14 17:39, Ken Fallon wrote:
>> On 2014-06-07 16:12, catintp at yahoo.com wrote:
>>> so I personally can live with a glitch here and there on the client end
>> Yea right.
>
>> Try it now.
>
> [I think I just sent this to the list encrypted due to over enthusiastic
> per-recipient rules in Thunderbird! Doh!]
>
> Great to see a true comment feed Ken!
>
> However ...
>
> I have been wondering why I occasionally see HTML entities in the text
> when I use Akregator to view the new comment feed.
>
> I just realised why when I noticed this:
>
> "...but I've thought..."
>
> Is the text being entity-encoded *twice*?
>
> Something somewhere in the pipeline turned "'" into this by
> re-encoding the leading '&' I guess.
>
> Dave

Yes. I am aware of that and it is a by product of some of the text on
some of the comments getting through with a '&'. That is invalid xml and
therefore would guaranteed to break the feed. I haven't time to track
down the issue but a double encoding only makes it difficult to read and
should not break anything. As a few people were asking for this I
thought I would ship it now and fix that later. I'll investagate the
issue when I get time but I think that there is a bigger problem in that
the comments themselves are not stored as UTF-8.

- --
Regards,

Ken Fallon
http://kenfallon.com