[Hpr] Emergency Queue

Ken Fallon ken at fallon.ie
Sun Jun 8 02:37:54 PDT 2014

Hi All,

As some of you may have noticed, I updated the calendar page to provide
a link to the Emergency Shows.
http://hackerpublicradio.org/calendar.php

After finally listening to them myself, I noticed that two of klaatu's
shows are time sensitive and with his permission they will be moved to
the regular queue.
20130927T181035Z_78_klaatu_artsAndBots
20130927T181037Z_78_klaatu_crowdSourcedAirQualityMonitoring

This brings down the number of Emergency Shows to 3 which means we need
7 more to bring it up to the agreed buffer size of 10. You are kindly
requested to contribute special shows for this queue. See below:

http://hackerpublicradio.org/contribute.php#emergency_queue

<quote>
Emergency Queue

The emergency queue is intended only to be used in the cases where there
is still a gap in the schedule 24 hours prior to release. The shows will
by their very nature need to be "timeless", ie: your topic should still
be relevant in four years or more. People will be able to hear the show
on the website but they will not be included in any feeds until release.

Please begin all shows with text similar to:
"This is an emergency show, if you are hearing this then HPR needs shows
ASAP. Please consider contributing a show. Email admin at hacker public
radio dot org for more information."

We expect that we need at least 10 shows in the emergency queue in order
to give people enough time to record and submit shows. Remember once
that all the emergency shows have been used up and there are no more
shows in the queue, HPR as a project will stop.
</quote>

- --
Regards,

Ken Fallon