[Hpr] HPR wishlist topic request

Charles Thayer catintp at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 22 16:35:14 PDT 2014

Wow! That sounds like a cool topic.

My first instinct would be to try to use naive Bayesian classifiers to make a news headlines feed that works better and better over time, based on user feedback (Like/Dislike, or maybe degree of Like).  The only side effect of doing this would be a self-imposed "filter bubble" closed system that could develop over time due to my own preferences.  To cure this, I would want to introduce some randomness here and there to introduce new types of entries.

Actually, that sounds like a news feed version of Pandora.

Great idea.

Charles in NJ