[Hpr] Backup shows

Klaatu klaatu at straightedgelinux.com
Sun Mar 2 16:16:04 PST 2014

I dunno, maybe I'm conservative but to me "backup" means "backup". The
person who committed this 2-year old backup show knew that it was a
backup show. This means, inherently, that it will not get played except
in an emergency. And I think that's OK.

For that to really work, though, I guess the episodes need to be
guaranteed timeless. Maybe we should work on collecting backup show
submissions that basically are timeless. I can think of about 58 unix
commands that could be discussed; they've been good for the past 40
years so I guess we could tempt fate and assume they will continue to be
valid for another 40.

I've kind of talked myself into a backup show sprint, where Timelessness
is the key goal.

Then we could stash these timeless shows into our backup show bin, and
forget about them.

Does that sound like an idea?

- klaatu