[Hpr] Backup shows

Carl D Hamann carl.hamann at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 06:26:10 PST 2014

On 2014-03-05 12:49, Dave Morriss wrote:
> So, I interpret this as a general agreement that backup shows should
> continue to be kept, but that a rotation mechanism to release the older
> shows should be implemented.

That seemed to me to be the consensus of those involved in the discussion.
And it seems to be the simplest way to alleviate the problem of show staling.

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 6:09 AM, Ken Fallon <ken at fallon.ie> wrote:
> Then can I suggest that we bring it down to 10 shows max. That's two
> weeks of shows and should be enough if needed.

Since the backup queue has (by my reckoning) recently hovered around
this mark, it seems like a good starting place to me. Should the "excess" shows
(the two current ones as well as shows that get pushed off the tail in
the future)
be released immediately into the next free slot? Or would it be better
to schedule
them some time out in the future, say some number of free slots out?