[Hpr] Backup shows

Ken Fallon ken at fallon.ie
Mon Mar 10 08:37:39 PDT 2014

On 2014-03-10 15:20, Dave Morriss wrote:
> I have to admit that I hadn't quite seen what you were trying to do here.

That is probably my fault and I'm glad you asked for clarification.

> Your suggestion of an Emergency Queue seems eminently sensible. I'd
> personally recommend that the intention of this queue be described as
> clearly as possible, given that two types of "Backup" shows seem to have
> evolved - somewhat to my surprise. This description now makes it clear
> to me.

It was Klaatu that first made me aware of the issue here:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.network.syndication.podcast.hacker-public-radio/118

I then asked others to comment
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.network.syndication.podcast.hacker-public-radio/121.
Many replied directly and I have marked those with BACKUP in the name
here http://hackerpublicradio.org/calendar.php

> The other aspect of this issue that is causing me some puzzlement is
> that Emergency Queue shows will be playable. If I had submitted a show
> to this queue I think I'd prefer its content only to be revealed in
> emergency conditions.

This was something that Klaatu also brought up
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.network.syndication.podcast.hacker-public-radio/120.
As with all things HPR silence is assumed to be agreement. Therefore I
composed the proposal as
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.network.syndication.podcast.hacker-public-radio/127