[Hpr] HPR_AudioBookClub

Charles Thayer catintp at yahoo.com
Fri May 9 12:11:11 PDT 2014

I have trouble making and keeping plans for live events these days, so I could not even commit to having listened to this book in time for the recording.

Sorry.

Someone asked me whether my units series could cover distances on a galactic scale, such as astronomical units, light years, parsecs, and so on. That would require a preliminary show on rates of speed and reckoning distances from indirect evidence, and then developing the space distances from that basis.  Since Neil deGrasse Tyson got me into this situation with his Cosmos series, we should get him to do that show.

I'm sure he could fit that into his schedule. <nose grows 2 cm>

Now that would increase our listener base... I don't think it would bring in many new hosts, but you never know.

Charles in NJ

Sent from my iPad