[Hpr] Sending in details for old HPR shows

Ken Fallon ken at fallon.ie
Fri May 30 07:46:08 PDT 2014

On 2014-05-29 08:24, Ken Fallon wrote:
> On 2014-05-28 18:22, Dave Morriss wrote:
>> Hi,
>
>> You will have heard Ken's plea on the Community News for April for
>> people to listen to old shows and send in details.
>
>> If you missed this bit then Ken was asking for:
>
>> - A synopsis of no more than 100 characters (to be displayed on
>> the "Complete Episode Guide" at
>> http://hackerpublicradio.org/index_full.php)
>
>> - Keywords suitable for a future tag cloud (right Ken?)
>
>> - Show notes (if necessary I assume)
>
>> As it happens, I have been listening to the "Database 101" series
>> with a view to recording some shows to add to it at some point, so
>> I'm about to submit stuff for the following shows:
>
>> hpr0005  Database 101 Part 1 hpr0014  Databases 101 Part 2
>

>> Dave
>

> If you wish to add/improve the show notes to any episode, just add a
> comment with "Show notes" in the comment title and we can then add
> them to the main episode.

I've been listening to the old shows and so far everything is as
relevant today as it was on the day of posting. If you haven't gone back
and listened to the old shows, even without helping with the show notes
etc, it is still something worth your while.

I've made some changes to the archive page
http://hackerpublicradio.org/test.php so that it now displays the
duration, tags and summary. This should make it obvious which episodes
have been done ie: the ones with tags.

EG:
ep0001 :: Introduction to HPR
Hosted by StankDawg on 2007-12-31. Duration: 00:22:53, Series: general
Tags: hpr, twat, community
In this first ever show on Hacker Public Radio, StankDawg and Enigma
introduce HPR.

- --
Regards,

Ken Fallon