[Hpr] HPR Live Streaming from Events

Mike Ray mike at raspberryvi.org
Tue Sep 2 19:31:59 PDT 2014

On 03/09/2014 02:41, Jonathan Nadeau wrote:
> I think it is genious.
>

> On 02/09/14 15:10, Ken Fallon wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I was cleaning up and I came across a wooden wine box with a perspex
>> lid. (http://www.koch.com.au/image/image/PLWB2.jpg)
>>
>> This got me to thinking I could put a light in it and put the words
>> "ON AIR" or "RECORDING" on it.
>>
>> This got me to thinking that mumble is pretty good at streaming over
>> crappy connections, and very good over wired connections.
>>
>> This got me to thinking that mumble can stream to Ice Cast and then to
>> the Internet at large. Just like the New Year Show.
>>
>> This got me to thinking that we could live stream events.
>>
>> This got me to thinking that that would shift the focus of a table
>> would be to promote HPR as a platform for events attendees to promote
>> their projects and stories.
>>
>> What are your thoughts ?

I hope you do a show about how you made an 'on air' sign out of a wine
box with a clear polycarbonate lid :)

I will expect it to be connected to the GPIO bus on your Raspberry Pi
and light up when you start recording.

--
Michael A. Ray
Analyst/Programmer

The box said: 'install Windows XP, 7 or better'. So I installed Linux

Interested in accessibility on the Raspberry Pi?
Visit: http://www.raspberryvi.org/