[Hpr] OggCamp HPR table

Dave Morriss perloid at autistici.org
Fri Sep 5 11:13:15 PDT 2014

On 05/09/14 18:00, Philip Newborough wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 5:15 PM, Dave Morriss <perloid at autistici.org> wrote:

>>> Can we have some volunteers please - two people is not enough. The
>>> more there are, the more options there are to split the workload so
>>> that everyone gets some time away.
>>>
>>> A) Are you going to OggCamp ?
>>> B) Can you help out for even a few hours at the booth to give the lads
>>> a break ?
>>
>> Well, it looks as if we're going to have to cancel the table booking for
>> HPR at OggCamp. I don't think anybody's going to be able to help Beni
>> and I with running it. I have had no direct replies, and nothing's
>> appeared on the list.
>>
>> It's a shame, but there you are.
>
> Nope, it just wouldn't be OggCamp without the HPR table. I have had a
> word with the chief and he has released me from my obligations as an
> OggCamp crew member, so I am free to help cover the HPR table. Becky
> is on the crew too, doing reception and crowd control, but she has
> said she'll help out where she can.
>
> Is this enough to secure the table? Please say, "yes".
>
> Philip
>
> P.S. What do I need to bring to the party? Apart from my dashing good
> looks and winning personality?

Many thanks to Becky and Philip for coming to the rescue. I'm proud to
be associated with such a great community!

I had told Mark Johnson he could cancel our reservation but he's been
very understanding and has let me change my mind :-)

I think Marshall (timttmy) is going to bring the table kit for us,
though he can't stay for long.

Other than that I need to organise some stickers and stuff, for which
I'll be asking Ken for advice.

Dave