[Hpr] 25 Days since anyone uploaded a show

Kevin O'Brien zwilnik at zwilnik.com
Fri Sep 19 05:43:11 PDT 2014

On 9/19/2014 2:30 AM, Ken Fallon wrote:

> On 2014-09-18 23:55, Kevin Wisher wrote:
>> What about reducing the schedule to a 3-day instead of 5-day?
>>
> Hi All,
>
> The release frequency is not the issue and we will have the same
> problem regardless of how fast of slow the release schedule is.
>
> I'm happy to discuss the release schedule on a different thread but
> please try to stay focused on the issue of how to guarantee a
> continuous feed of shows to the queue.
>
> Ken.

I agree with Ken on this one. What I did was make commitments to deliver
shows to fit a certain schedule (LibreOffice - one show every two weeks;
Security & Privacy - one show per month), and then plan around that When
I have time I will record 4-5 shows and upload all of them, and by
staying ahead of the release schedule I can deal with the times when
other things keep me busy.  Now I will grant I probably do more shows
than anyone else on HPR right now, but I should think committing to one
show per month, or one show every other month, would be possible for
many people. And if you start a series it does help organize your
thoughts in a certain direction that makes it easier to go forward, at
least for me. When a topic is really big, it just means I can break it
into several shows and get ahead of the schedule.

Kevin B. O'Brien
zwilnik at zwilnik.com
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -- Will Rogers