[Hpr] 25 Days since anyone uploaded a show

David Whitman davidglennwhitman at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 12:38:37 PDT 2014

I'd love at times to just be able to grab someone from #oggcastplanet, jump
on mumble and ask 'dumb' questions and make a short episode. Lots of time I
lack some basics of understanding and while I can RTFM why not AAFG (ask a
f____g geek)? I happen to know this has happened for one episode. And that
episode spawned at least 2 more.

Anyone up for this?

PS - anyone out there understand the electromagnetic spectrum? :-)

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 2:33 PM, Nigel Verity <nigelverity at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Ken
>
> I imagine that, more often than not, the first you know about a show is
> when it arrives on the HPR server, or the originator asks for the FTP
> details, This can't be very helpful from a planning perspective.
>
> Perhaps this mailing list could provide a mechanism for people "pledging"
> shows for delivery over the coming weeks. Setting a target week rather than
> a specific date is probably sufficient granularity. Clearly it can't be
> binding, but I'm sure most people would take a pledge to deliver seriously.
> It would also give advance notice of forthcoming subjects, which in itself
> may inspire others.
>
> Just a thought.
>
> Regards
>
> Beeza