[Hpr] A Question about Shownotes - Javascript WYSIWYG

Frank Bell frankwbell at cox.net
Tue Dec 1 12:22:59 PST 2015

Mike Ray wrote:
> Obviously sighted folks want to see screen-shots etc., that's fine, but
> if images are of text on a terminal window to illustrate how to
> configure something, then they are to be avoided.

The images in question were simply illustrations, not exposition.   Even
had they been "howto" images, I'm not sure that it would be necessary to
avoid images entirely, so much as to ensure that they have properly
configured "alt" text (but "alt" text should be routine in HTML and
other markup languages that support it).

I have found images displaying text in terminal windows to a poor means
of exposition at the best of times; they are generally hard to read and,
when shrunk to a reasonable size, of poor resolution. Some sort of
"code" tags surrounding the text, as are often seen on blogs or forum
sites, seem to me to be far more effective for howtos about CLI.

YMMV.

--

Blogging from Pine View Farm:  http://www.pineviewfarm.net/weblog

Updates daily.  Worthwhile updates occasionally.