[Hpr] Feedback needed now, Go/NoGo on New Years show

Fifty OneFifty fiftyonefifty at linuxbasement.com
Tue Dec 15 20:27:31 PST 2015

I realized today, as I posted my latest episode, I consciously left space
for the New Year's eve episodes.  I belive we are at or past the time to
make a decision on whether we want to do New Year's show this year at all.
I'm afraid with many podcasts probably taking the Christmas week off, we
may be past any chance of cross promotion on other shows.

I can say the last time I asked the question, while all the feedback was
positive, I was not overwhelmed by the number of responses.  I've been
talking to Honkey Magoo off channel.   He was enthusiastic about recording
and streaming the show, I figured between the two of us,we could handle
recording and editing a reduced schedule.

My proposal, if we decide to do this at all, would be to start at midnight,
Dec 31, GMT and go to midnight PST, a period of 8 hours, aiming for four 2
hour shows.  This would probably be too late for Ken and Dave to want to do
the Community News, so I suggest it remain a separate broadcast.  This
would start the NYE show at 7PM EST, which might see the east coasters just
headed out to their own parties.  I really hate to commit to more than 8
hours without more volunteers.

Alternatively, we decide to take a break this year, in which case we need
to state that prominently on the website so no-one shows up expecting a
show and let it be know in the newsletter it's OK to post shows for the
first week in January.  As has been suggested,we could just hang around the
Mumble Server and chat, and somebody can always hit record if something
starts spontaneously.  Unless this post meets with an outstanding number of

5150