[Hpr] New Year's Show update

Fifty OneFifty fiftyonefifty at linuxbasement.com
Wed Dec 23 18:26:05 PST 2015

New Year's show update:

HonkeyMagoo and I have taken it up ourselves to record and edit the HPR
Mumble channel on Dec 31.  I hate making decisions for everybody, but this
list has been rather silent in terms of participation.  Neither Honkey or I
can commit to being in the room for the whole recording, so it will be up
to the community whether there is anything to record or not.  We both had
the idea, we would both start and end recording at set times, run "remove
silence" at the end and see if we had anything.  Since we can't promise any
content at all, Honkey and I would like the reserved slots to be released.
There will also be no stream that has to be renewed;  Honkey's idea was to
make this trouble free for all concerned as possible.

I'd like to start recording at 18 UTC/Zulu (1PM EST), which is the time of
day Dave, Ken, and Kevin usually record the Community News.  If that won't
work, I suggest the Community News be scheduled for Saturday.  Starting in
the afternoon will give listeners in the US time to drop by before they go
to their evening celebrations.  I also figure on leaving the recording
running until 1AM Jan 1 PST.

Unless anyone has strong objections to advance, this is the plan.

5150