[Hpr] New Year's Show update

Ken Fallon ken at fallon.ie
Thu Dec 24 00:48:03 PST 2015

On 2015-12-24 03:26, Fifty OneFifty wrote:
> New Year's show update:
>
> HonkeyMagoo and I have taken it up ourselves to record and edit the HP
> Mumble channel on Dec 31.  I hate making decisions for everybody, but
> this list has been rather silent in terms of participation.  Neither
> Honkey or I can commit to being in the room for the whole recording, s
> it will be up to the community whether there is anything to record or
> not.  We both had the idea, we would both start and end recording at s
et
> times, run "remove silence" at the end and see if we had anything.
> Since we can't promise any content at all, Honkey and I would like the
> reserved slots to be released.  There will also be no stream that has
> be renewed;  Honkey's idea was to make this trouble free for all
> concerned as possible.
>
> I'd like to start recording at 18 UTC/Zulu (1PM EST), which is the tim
> of day Dave, Ken, and Kevin usually record the Community News.  If tha
> won't work, I suggest the Community News be scheduled for Saturday.
> Starting in the afternoon will give listeners in the US time to drop b
> before they go to their evening celebrations.  I also figure on leavin
> the recording running until 1AM Jan 1 PST.
>
> Unless anyone has strong objections to advance, this is the plan.
>
> 5150

The following days have already been booked.

Fri 2016-01-01: hpr1935 Reserved: New Year Show 1/3.
Mon 2016-01-04: hpr1936 Reserved: HPR Community News for December 2015.
Wed 2016-01-06: hpr1938 Reserved: New Year Show 2/3.
Thu 2016-01-07: hpr1939 Reserved: New Year Show 3/3.

As you can see the show hpr1935  will need to be posted prior to
2016-01-01T00:00:00Z. That's six hours after the show starts so there is
simply no time for anyone, other than the admins, to edit it on time to
get it posted.

As far as the rest goes, it doesn't make any point waiting for you to
slice and "truncate silence" and send it to the server. I will
(hopefully) have the recordings locally and can process and post them
without having to to coordinate with you across time zones.

There hasn't been any talk of recording the show notes, so it would be a
good idea if people were to post links and hints into the chat room on
mumble.

If people want to help, then adding good show notes would be the
absolute best way to do so.

Ken.

- --
Regards,