[Hpr] Lucky I didn't say anything about the dirty KNIFE!

Ivan Privaci epicanis+hpr at dogphilosophy.net
Tue Feb 10 12:31:08 PST 2015

On Tuesday, February 10, 2015 10:24:20 AM Ken Fallon wrote:

> For my point, I am just recommending been cautious. You have my sincere
> apologies if I came across as anything other than having the best
> interests of HPR at heart.
>
> I see you are passionate about this[...]

Replied to off-list but for the public:

I think I remember the Monty Python skit that this thread has been based on.

I swear I hadn't even PROPOSED making changes to HPR anywhere in this thread,
let alone insisted on making any changes myself!  I'm not even upset at
anybody, all the "passion" coming from me here is frantic bafflement about
what the heck is happening and wondering how to stop it (or at least get it
back to the unremarkable course I had expected it to take).  I feel like I've
put a quarter into the mechanical horse outside the department store and as a
result gotten a stern warning about the harms of animal cruelty followed by a
license to practice veterinary medicine.

Thank you for letting me have access to HPR's development, though (seriously).
I swear I STILL have no intention of messing with any of it any time soon, but
I would enjoy participating in the development at some point.

I am now going to carefully dismount from the mecha-pony and quietly move to
another part of the metaphorical storefront. I'm not even going to push the
little button to see if it'll give me my quarter back.

(clears throat)

"So, condenser microphones, those things are pretty interesting, aren't
they?"...